Tuesday, March 2, 2010

High Expectation for Improvement!

The Obama administration is listening to my sense of education policy and I believe my voice resonates in Washington, D.C. I have called for a 2.3 GPA to graduate from Highschool with an endorsed H.S. Diploma. Personally my diploma was not endorsed: many of you know my phenomenal story of how I claim Malcolm X and King, Jr. and Paul Robeson and Langston Hughes and WEB Dubois inspired me. Books were a passport of sorts for me. I graduated with a 1.1 GPA from H.S. but scored over a 550 on my verbal on my SAT and nearly a 900. There is research aimed a SAT scores and propensity to graduate that suggests that students who score under 1,000 graduate over 65% of the time from college.


I understand that everyone will not have a 3.0, but everyone can be average and for those who fall slightly below average there is a chance they too can make it.
But I believe a H.S. diploma should also be weighed against the SAT/ACT scores.

No comments:

Post a Comment