Wednesday, March 17, 2010

The School Board is Failing or is it Robb Bobb?

I think Rochelle Riley is off the mark. I don't believe what we have is Bobb failing to meet and greet with the School Board its lambasting in the papers and sending broadsides across his bow at close range is not how you engender team work. Where is a concise plan from the board that disallows the Union from using the...m as bait to sneak and hit Bobb so they can get re-elected with Union support. When does the Union say we have not been critical enough about the poor performance-where is the Union's press release on that?

Attendance should be tied or linked to student aid from the state-it is what I will require as a State Rep. I want parents to do the minimum at best-make sure you child is in school and behaves well. Then let the teachers take it from that point. Then, when the child goes home the parent needs to inquire and check the home work for completiion-at minimum and if they can't tell if its mastered or not-then take a trip to the library on Saturday or Sunday to WSU and you can get a Reference Librarian to point you in the right direction.

I have shared ideas about how to use WSU's academic units to bolster the DPSD but I have not had any takers. Bobb has taken my tutoring idea or volunteering idea I communicated to him and used it in his own way, but it lacks grant funding and other creative out of the box thinking.

Volunteers are great, but you need to have an army of paid workers at 10.00 hr called college students who are performing well at a 3.0 or better working year round. This is not a fix over the summer problem-its a daily grind!

I suggest paying high performing Juniors and Seniors in college 10.00 an hour to tutor by the 100s throughout the DPSD in the study halls. Study hall is a facet that must be developed-it is so simple we overlook it!

Staff study hall with a cadre of multidisciplinary skilled college students so that one study hall monitor is not overran-which they will be-if you only place one person in a study hall-its a model of failure.

Don't listen to me then, and miss out on the good ideas I am sharing.

My name is Burgess Foster. I am vying for the Michigan House of Representatives for Dstrict 5. Vote TEAM (T.rying to E.levate A.ll of M.ichigan) Burgess Foster on August 3rd 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment